GETTING READY FOR YOUR HEADSHOT or PORTRAIT SESSION
As a professional portrait and headshot photographer, I know that you are looking for a certain look for your portrait. We listen to your needs and can help you make the right choice when it comes down to that look. We can help select the perfect backdrop or setting that portrays the look you are seeking. Our over 40 plus years of experience helps us to achieve your look and keep you within budget. Are you ready to look your Best? Call Us Now!
Things to consider when preparing for your headshot session:
- Location: First, decide on a location. The session can take place at your office, my home studio, or at an outdoor location (park, downtown, urban area) depending on your brand and the type of headshot that you need. If the session will take place outside, the time of day will be taken into consideration and we will need to adjust accordingly. the best time for outdoors is late after noon that is considered the golden hour. However, if that does not fit into your schedule we have the equipment and experience needed to capture your portrait anytime.
- Background Selection: This is also an important consideration. If you are taking a headshot for your website, consider the theme colors and background of your website. Many people prefer a white or gray backdrop for LinkedIn. Do you want a studio background or Do you want an environmental portrait? An environmental portrait is great for those who benefit from showing an office or environment to potential clients and customers. It gives them a sense of the space and puts you into context with the company.
- Brand Consistency. If you have a company brand you always want to stay consistent with that look. If you are a one man show or have hundreds of employees in your organization you want to maintain the same look in all of your professional business portraits and headshots. Always try and use the same photographer, lighting, background, room or space for each portrait. If you are not sure and you are considering changing your look later have us shoot your portraits on backgrounds that are easy to extract images from such as white or gray. We even can do green screen for easy extractions and background changes.
- What to Wear: Your business or occupation should reflect what you wear. always try and highlight your business by wearing the appropriate outfit or business attire.
- Women: Many professionals wear black with solid colors underneath. Solid colors are always preferred over stripes which will add extra weight to a photo. Jewelry is great – just make sure it doesn’t overpower the look. I always recommend a professional hair and makeup artist before a shoot but many times time and budget will not allow. If doing your own makeup, apply a little bit more than you normally would wear. Bring your hair and makeup products to the shoot with you.
- Men: For men wearing a suit jacket, button down, and tie, please try on the combination a week prior to your headshot session and make sure that it fits and buttons. Also, bring several ties combinations if you have them.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses all the time, wear them for your headshot session. We can remove or minimize glare.
Still, need help? I can send you a list of photo suggestions that may help you with your outfit choices. I always recommend bringing extra outfits, jackets, ties, blouses, and shirts.